Become a Trainer!
Become an EWI Certified Entrepreneurship Trainer!
Are you a natural entrepreneur? Are you passionate about women’s economic empowerment? Are you looking for ways to give back?
Here’s an opportunity for you.
Become an EWI Certified Entrepreneurship Trainer for our award-winning business start-up incubator Entrepreneur Training for Success(ETS).
Through this intensive 3-month entrepreneurship training and mentoring program, participants learn to harness their talent, skill, creativity, and innovative ideas to build a successful business. They gain the necessary knowledge and skills in a supportive and risk-free environment, while benefiting from the support of an empowering network of women mentors, successful entrepreneurs, and marketing experts.
This is an exciting time for EWI as we are quickly expanding. We are currently looking for new talent to train more women through our Entrepreneur Training for Success.
About EWI women students:
EWI focuses on working with immigrant, refugee, and American-born low-income or at-risk women artists, artisans and other creative micro-entrepreneurs. Our women entrepreneurs launch micro-businesses in the following categories: arts, food, photography, music, design, fashion, games, beauty, fitness, health and nutrition, wellness, massage, education, after-school programs and a variety of other service areas such as cleaning, home services and more.
Many of these women have experienced traumatic life events, and additionally to being low-income may be suffering of depression or be survivors of domestic abuse, sexual assault or war trauma. Despite all hardship these women encountered, they are incredible talented and skilled and have the determination to succeed.
1) Previous experience in a business environment; ideally, having started a business
2) Appreciation of multicultural learners
3) Experience having conducted classes of some type (not necessarily an entrepreneur training)
4) Ability to commit to a schedule
5) Willingness to provide feedback to EWI
6) Enthusiasm for the entrepreneurial process
7) Great Interpersonal skills, and the personality and presence needed to engage the class.
- Experienced classroom instructor – exceptional presentation and facilitation skills. Adept at making course content concrete with real life narratives. Able to facilitate classroom and group discussions while always keeping focus on course objectives. Adaptable to sudden classroom challenges with facility, technology, and student challenges.
- Accomplished, results-driven, entrepreneurial leader with experience in either launching their own business, working in a start-up, or initiating new business lines or programs and/or in depth expertise in specific business area such as marketing, product development, pricing, business development or sales.
Additional strongly preferred competencies in one more or more of the following:
- Experience mentoring, coaching, or providing other services to at-risk populations (e.g., low income, immigrant) that have many competing challenges and distractions in their lives. Able to provide support with outside challenges while keeping students focused on ultimate goal of business plan and implementation.
- Subject matter expert in the following businesses: arts, food, health/beauty, education, nonprofits/community organizers.
- Deep personal drive to help at-risk women achieve economic empowerment.
Training and Certification Requirements:
- Complete four-hour Train the Trainer Orientation Workshop on March 20, 5-9pm at EWI’s offices in Alexandria (this is mandatory)
- Attend six or more classes April through June 2013
- Present, at a minimum, one ETS classes during the program with experienced instructor observing
- Facilitate small group activities and discussions during ETS program
- Provide minimum 3-5 hours of one-on-one business mentoring to 3 or more ETS students
- Present a business plan you created previously or by attending the ETS Train the Trainer and Certification Process
To be considered, please send an email stating your interest and include your resume to Mary Louise Marino at email@example.com. As part of the process, we’ll conduct a phone interview and have you fill out the EWI Volunteer Application.