EWI is an award winning non-profit organization that channels the entrepreneurial spirit, the arts and creative talents of immigrant, refugee and low-income women in the Greater Washington DC Metro area into small businesses that create jobs and a new generation of American leaders and entrepreneurs.
EWI accomplishes this by providing mentoring and education that teaches practical workforce readiness skills for the American business culture in the arts and the creative industries. The organization offers a comprehensive model of empowerment, workforce development and self-sufficiency that includes:
- A three-month intensive entrepreneurial training, Entrepreneur Training for Success (ETS) along with ongoing personalized coaching, mentoring, networking and support services;
- A marketplace program that allow ETS graduates to generate income and build a market for their products by selling their work through EWI’s marketplace and partner organizations;
- A multicultural outreach program that presents visual and performing arts programs across the Washington DC area to further provide opportunities for our beneficiaries to connect with, participate, and give back to their communities.
Got passion to get involved? Email Marga Fripp at email@example.com
- Business Plan Pitch Leaves an Outstanding Impression
- Meet Carolina!
- Part II- Inspirations Behind ETS Training & Mentoring
- Meet Angela!
- Meet Charmelle!
- Meet Annette!
- Special Thanks to Capital One For Their Help With The Biz Plan Review!
- You Are Invited! Enjoying an Evening of Wine for a Great Cause
- Meet Julie!
- Coaches Corner: The Establishment Of A New Era! EWI’s Very Own Business Writer’s Union